Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Day 1: 4/4/06

I am just finishing finishing my 48th SNG of the day. I 4-tabled 5+.5 and made money and decided it was better to 8-table 6+.5 turbo's. Bad idea. I won 3 of the 18 I played and didn't make the money in one other. Blah. I've decided that the slower blind structure fits my style better. Also that I lose too much of an edge by playing 8-tables. I think that I will only play 4 until I have $200. Right now I'm at $44- Ouch.

Also some background in this first post.

I am a student at Willamette University in Salem, OR. I've been a fairly successfull live poker player but am prone to go crazy online. I make money, play something stupid ($215 MTT, $10/20 NL, etc.) and lose it all, only to repeat the process shortly. One thing that I am hoping is that by posting in this blog everday, I will be able to controll myself and play limits inside my BR.

Right now, because I only have $44 to my name, I am going to play $5 SNG's until I am up too $200. At this point, I will move up to $10 SNGs and so on. I am hoping that soon enough I will be back at the $5/10 limits which I have been able to beat over 7,000 hands- only to blow it doign something stupid.

So my goals:
1) Do well in school.
2) By Apirl 15th, have made $200 playing $5 SNGs, nothing else.
3) Apirl 30th- have made $500 playing the 10's.
4) Not playing anything but SNGs and make every decession the best decession I can- I will not gamble.
5) Trust my instincts- they are good.

Thats about all that I can think of now. Hopefully I can win the SNG I am playing right now, 3k chips, 6 left, blinds at 100/200 but have been cardead for the last 25 hands or so.

Best,
Rolon

P.S. Aces and I double up! 5k and 5 players to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home