Wednesday, July 09, 2008

LOL-O-COASTER!

Such a lol day.

Today was fun. In the morning I went and took my marketing midterm which was easy pesy. Then I come back and played some tournies and naturally lose. I’m really going to try and stop playing tournies- not so much because I’m losing money but because of the opportunity cost (oh econ!) of me not playing HU. Its just so stupid to play these tournies where if I’m +ev at all, my hourly probably isn’t better than like $50 or something whereas in HU I freaking rock souls to pieces.

So I bust the tournies, am pissed etc and go running. I come back and sit down ready to play a serious 2/4 HU session. I win like 800 or something when my now good buddy KingEppy came and sat with about $240. He turned out to be a super nitty and C/F a lot of flops so I just kept betting, etc and got him down to about $120 or something and then I push over his PFR with 55 and he calls with A10 and naturally gets the wheel to bust my set. Oh well. I kept whittling him down again and had him at 270 when we get my AK v AA and he holds obv. Oh well.

At this point I’m a little tilted as I had this guy on the ropes and now he is up quite a bit on me. Errr…so I start open raising to 24 which probably wasn’ the best idea but I honestly thought it was +ev because he was still calling a lot PF and then just c/f the flop. Anyway, I lose one a good pot on a bad bluff where he called me down and then try it again like three hands later and lose a buy in. SHIT. Now he is up to $1k from his $240 buy in. And from there I continue to lose pot after pot. I can’t catch shit and he starts to c/r me a lot and taking down 60-100 pots. There isn’t much I can do. So he was up to $1.6k at his tops but then I finally started to catch some cards and get 600 back until he left. JERK. Blah, he ended up $900 on me. =(

Anyway, I’m tired of writing so I’ll shorten this up. Other dude buy ins for 160. Loses it quick stupidly. Does it again. Loses it and says he is drunk. I think he ends up losing 3 $160 buy ins until he finally buys in for 152.55 or something (his last $$$). He, of course, builds his stack up to like $1k but he is super agro and I'm super awesome and just bluffs at every hand I check, etc. After winning some good pots I have him down to $500 when this hand occurs.

FullTiltPoker Game #7158687400: Table Yosh (heads up) - $2/$4 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:22:18 ET - 2008/07/10

Seat 1: Ricky_Travel ($702.60)

Seat 2: bcali1980 ($465.35)

Ricky_Travel posts the small blind of $2

bcali1980 posts the big blind of $4

The button is in seat #1

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to Ricky_Travel [Td Kd]

Ricky_Travel raises to $12

bcali1980 calls $8

*** FLOP *** [5d 7h 9h]

bcali1980 bets $12

Ricky_Travel raises to $24

bcali1980 calls $12

*** TURN *** [5d 7h 9h] [7d]

bcali1980 bets $429.35, and is all in

Ricky_Travel has 15 seconds left to act

Ricky_Travel has requested TIME

Ricky_Travel: you have hearts

Ricky_Travel calls $429.35

bcali1980 shows [6s 2h]

Ricky_Travel shows [Td Kd]

*** RIVER *** [5d 7h 9h 7d] [3c]

bcali1980 shows a pair of Sevens

Ricky_Travel shows a pair of Sevens

Ricky_Travel wins the pot ($930.20) with a pair of Sevens

bcali1980 is sitting out

Ricky_Travel: good call

*** SUMMARY ***

Total pot $930.70 | Rake $0.50

Board: [5d 7h 9h 7d 3c]

Seat 1: Ricky_Travel (small blind) showed [Td Kd] and won ($930.20) with a pair of Sevens

Seat 2: bcali1980 (big blind) showed [6s 2h] and lost with a pair of Sevens

Oh sweeeet! I was pretty pumped as I was pretty sure my K high was good. If not, I’ve got like 20% to hit. So the day ended good….up almost $900 with about 3 hours still to play. =)



Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger Disarm said...

So after the initial QQ post about july....it seems you have changed your mind?

6:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home