Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 24th, 2009

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve updated this blog and quite a bit has happened in the meantime. I’ve done very little pokering over the last month (as in the last 6 months) but am just starting to get back into it for a big push in April, hopefully making at least $30,000.
But a first a quick life recap: Took a trip down to San Louis Obisbo to meet up with some old high school buddies I haven’t seen for at least 4 or 5 years. The minute I got there they threw me on a mountain bike and off we went. Mountain biking is about 100x harder than I thought it would be. First, you just have to get to the top of the hill/mountain which is hell. You go about ½ mile an hour and it’s just plain not fun. All you can do is slug away at it, going super slow, having to pay close attention to the rocks and pretty much dying. Going down is supposed to be the really fun part but my seat wouldn’t lower so I didn’t have the right center of gravity or something and pretty much sucked it up so a bunch of walkers kept passing me as I would have to get off my bike, carry it, and run down the steep parts...looking quite silly in the process.
That night, I ate some of Luke’s raw meat and ended up puking for about 6 hours the next morning. Mmm…raw meat. So Kiel and I got a late start going to Joshua Tree and didn’t get there until midnight. The campground was full so I ended up “sleeping” in the car while Keil struck it out into the desert where he found a nice little cave to sleep in. But! It was all worth it because when we woke up, the sun was out and the mountains were shining and calling us to climb. To make a long story short, we had a blissful next week. Set off in the morning, find a secluded gorge and climb all day.
So that was all good. I was set on buying a van, getting a dog and living the climbing bum life style. But then my sister’s best friend from college died, she came home and we went up to Seattle for the memorial and so that’s all been putting a stop to getting ready. I’ve still been buying stuff left and right and have most of what I need for rock climbing. Now I just need to work on getting the gear together for Mounteering and ice climbing as I’m climbing Mt. Hood on April 11th. I’ll have to start getting some pictures up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home